If you are thinking of launching a website for your small business, one of the most important factors is choosing software, like the best website builder, that can help you create a professional looking site that is also easy to use and maintain.
This, in itself, can be a daunting task. Building a website isn’t easy, especially if don’t have the technical skills to do it yourself or the budget to hire someone to do it for you.
Nowadays, however, it is much easier to get your business online now with the help of a website builder. With this tool, you can create your website simply by signing up and dragging and dropping widgets.
This allows you to build your site quickly and comfortably, without the use of complicated codes. Whether you are a novice or not, this is just the tool for you.
There so many builders now in the market, though, that it could be a challenge choosing one. With some helpful tips, however, the process can be easy. First, let’s talk about basics.
How does a website builder work?
A website builder helps you create a professional-looking website without knowing how to code. The best website builder provides you with hundreds of templates to choose from.
Once you sign up and choose a template, you can upload your logo, and drag and drop some widgets to fit your preferences. Finally, when you have everything to your satisfaction, you can add content.
You can also customize the look more by selecting color schemes, designs, and fonts, making the process even more fun. In just 5 minutes, it may be good to go.
Once you click the publish button, your business is accessible to the world. The building, managing, and updating a website has never been easier!
If you’re worried that you don’t have the creativity needed to produce an aesthetically nice looking website, you can choose the best website builder that uses artificial intelligence to assist you in building your site.
Bookmark’s AiDA — Artificial Intelligence Design Assistant — for example, takes less than 5 minutes to build you a professional looking website that comes with features you need to sell your products and services.
Why use a website builder?
There are many reasons why you should use a website builder. Here are some.
You can build your own website even without coding skills
With the help of the best website builder, anyone can create a website.
The builder facilitates the development of web pages; its drag-and-drop feature means that it will be easy for you to change how your website will look like without having to see and manipulate code.
You can save a lot of money
Seeing that a site builder is a DIY tool with features that you can easily manage, there is no need to hire a professional web builder or coder to do the work for you.
This significantly reduces the traditional cost of building a website.
You will not even have to spend more on additional features since useful add-ons are already included in most packages.
So when you use a website builder, you will definitely save a lot of money.
You can save a lot of time
Depending on the design you prefer and the features you choose, your site is live in a matter of minutes, unlike if you hire a web developer who can take weeks to do so.
The DIY website builder gives you more control, and you can use it to design and decide what content to include. This way, you free up more of your time to run your business.
How do you choose the best website builder?
When choosing the best website builder, here’s what you need to know before deciding on one.
1. Cost. There are so many website builders to choose from, and they come at many different prices. If you are on a tight budget, you may find that a simple and basic website builder can be more than adequate.
2. Compatible Image Formats. There are a number of different image formats used nowadays by web designers, e.g., JPEG, PNG, TIF, and PSD, among otheres. Before choosing your builder, you need to know what types of images to upload and whether they will be compatible or not.
3. WYSIWYG. Meaning “what you see is what you get,” many web page editors use this as their interface. It is usually a simple format to navigate, and it is easy to test the resulting web pages without having to understand any complicated programming language.
4. Interface. An interface is what is used to design web pages. If you don’t have tech skills, you will need to choose the best website builder that has a user-friendly interface with tools that are easy to understand and master.
Tools should be self-explanatory allowing you to edit a web page quickly without having to contact a developer.
5. FTP. File transfer protocol is what is used to load your web pages into a server from which a browser can display them. FTP is a critical aspect of web construction because it allows you to check how your pages appear in all the different browsers that are now commonly used.
6. Ads. Some low cost or free web builders can display ads on their web pages. If you do not want them to appear, you may have to pay for the service.
7. Flash Capability. A large number of websites you can visit have flash images and embedded videos. If you also want to create these pages, you should make sure that your site building application has this capability without the need for additional coding.
8. Availability of Templates. You need your website to look unique. After all, you don’t want your website to look like everyone else’s, do you? When choosing the best website builder, make sure it has a wide selection of templates to choose from. Choose a template that defines your needs. Ask yourself these questions:
- What kind of website do you plan on building?
- Are you building a blog or an e-commerce site?
- Who will be your target audience?
- What type of content will you add? Primarily text, photos, or videos?
Your answers to these questions will guide you through the selection of templates, saving you more time in the process.
The best website builder for your business will depend on whether you are technically advanced or a beginner. Other considerations include the kind of website you want to build, the features you need, and your business goals.
It might not be that easy to choose the best website builder for your business, but it’s worth your time to use it as it can get the results you need for your business at the fraction of the cost of hiring a web developer.